You can't choose your family. How awful. At least you can torment them until they die. In Gloom, that’s how you win!
Gloom is a game about making your family members as miserable as possible before they die, while lifting their opponents' spirits. When your family members are serial killers, crazed circus folk, and demonically possessed sociopaths, misery comes easy.
Gloom is full of ridiculous yet tragic circumstances. Exactly how did Lord Slogar, the brain in a box, end up Shunned by Society and Devoured by Weasels? Players are encouraged to narrate their tragic family histories, although the use of live weasels is strongly discouraged.
- Publisher's description
- 2012 Featured on TableTop with Wil Wheaton.
- 2010 Family Games: The 100 Best.
- 2006 Origins Award Winner – Traditional Card Game of the Year.
- 2006 GAMES Magazine’s Games 100 List – Family Card Game category.
- 2005 InQuest Gamer Fan Award Nominee – Best Card Game.
- 2004 OgreCave's Christmas Gift Guide.
Designer: Keith Baker
Artist: Scott Reeves