GAME MASTER JOURNALS
A good GM deserves a journal worthy of the tales they spin. Whether creating a magnum opus for a years-long campaign, or setting the scene for a series of smaller adventures, our Game Master Journal has you covered.
This Game Master Journal is the perfect companion for the big-picture world-building that so many GMs strive for. Whether using official sourcebooks or homebrewing your own lands for your party to explore, the Game Master Journal is a book no GM should be without.
Inside each Game Master Journal you’ll find empty charts, tables, hex grids, and spaces for logging the following campaign information:
- Campaign Name / Players
- House Rules
- World Overview / Principles
- Core Assumptions / Genres
- Major Pantheon / Minor Pantheon
- Maps / Kingdoms / Settlements / Locations
- Key NPCs / Secondary NPCs
- Player Characters
- Major Factions / Minor Factions
- Key Monsters
- Key Magic Items
- Downtime Activities Underway
- Milestone / XP Awards
- Random Tables
FIELD NOTES QUALITY, DUNGEON-TESTED
Each 2-Pack includes two “Note Book”-sized Game Master Journals, 4-3/4" x 7-1/2", with French Paper Co “Pop-Tone” 100# covers printed with “Hell Hound Black” ink, featuring handy data, tables, and diagrams for reference. The body pages are beefy Domtar Lynx Ultra Smooth 70# text with clear-but-subtle “Adventuring Bindle Light Brown” ink.
- 01. Each Game Master Journal (2 per pack) is designed for a single campaign.
- 02. Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill., and Able Printing Services, Berwyn, Ill.
- 03. Cover: French Pop-Tone 100#C “Wild Cherry” (Character Journals) or "Grape Jelly" (Game Master Journals) with a brute force application of “Hell Hound Black” soy-based Saphira inks.
- 04. Innards: Domtar Lynx Opaque Smooth 70#T “White” with a fine application of “Adventuring Bindle Light Brown” ink.
- 05. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
- 06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
- 07. Corners rounded to a 1/2" (12.7mm) radius on a Thompson Platen Press by Intra-Cut Diecutting, Chicago, Ill.
- 08. Dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm × 191mm).
- 09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
- 10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 11. Special thanks to Will the Wondrous, Eric the Esteemed, Nate the Notorious, Ben the Benevolent, and Wally the Witty for their contributions to these Gaming Journals.
--Information from Field Notes